Thursday, December 17, 2009

Why I'm Running

In 2004, my senior year at Boston University, I got tired of watching everyone else run the Boston Marathon. The energy and electricity of Marathon Monday in Boston is indescribable and awe inspiring. That year I decided that I was also going to run. I wanted to quit many many times, however by that point I had told too many people and would have looked like a fool. Thank god for my pride because that day changed my life.

Since then I have run Boston once more and completed the NYC Marathon in 2006, several other half marathons, 2 triathlons, and have a strong love for fitness which drives me to the gym 6 days a week.

I was given the opportunity by a friend to run Boston again, an idea that I had been toying with for a long time. After running Boston twice as a bandit runner (no number or official entry) I decided that it was time to do this thing right. I would not only run as an official participant, but now I will be part of a team raising money to support breast cancer research. If that’s not motivation, then I don’t know what is!

I hope this blog will inspire myself to stay on track and inspire others to donate to an amazing cause and perhaps run your own marathon (or any race) one day!

1 comment: