Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good Morning Boston

This morning I had to get in a 6 mile run, but I'm so sick of the treadmill and know that I can't do all my middle of the week runs on one. I decided to suck it up and head outside.


I figured if I left my house at 6:30am it wouldn't be that dark out for too too long. I would also bundle up and stick to a populated route. I was pretty nervous though.


I'm the biggest baby and scaredy cat ever. Of course I'm not scared of the normal things that involve running in the dark, like slipping on ice and freezing my butt off. When JP asked me what it was that I was so scared of, I replied "coyotes and rapists." What I really meant was wild animals and strange men, but that's how it came out.



I typically wake up hungry and this morning was no different. I scarfed down half of a YUMMY White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Luna Bar. I highly recommend this flavor!





I also bundled up to an obscene extent. I wore my under armour, a fleece, and then a windbreaker. The fleece was overkill the first half of the run, but on my way band running directly into the wind I changed my mind.


When I finally stepped outside, it was already 6:45 am and looking like this...




I guess I'll be a little late to work today, whoops!

By the time I hit Brighton Center at 5 minutes into the run, it was pretty light out.




My run had me traveling down 3 miles towards BU campus and then back. It's not the most exciting route, but the safest and least hilly by my house.

Good morning Boston!




At the BU Bridge I turned around after snapping a quick shot and getting stared at by commuters.

What a gorgeous morning sky!





The run was pretty uneventful. 6 miles isn't exactly short, but it starts to feel it after running longer distances on the weekend.

By the end of my run it hadn't exactly HEATED up...



My favorite street since it's mine, but it also means time to walk and cool down :-)


The rest of the morning was a giant hustle to get to work, but totally worth it.


The next few weeks are going to get insanely busy at work and the mornings will be essential if I plan to get any workouts in. I'm also going to start switching my long runs to Sundays for the time being. I'll be working Saturdays and I doubt running 14 miles before a full work day is a good idea, unless I get a power nap at my desk.


Thanks again for all of the donations so far!! It means so much to me that people want to support me in my efforts and help such a wonderful charity out.


Remember, you also get a tax deduction!

www.firstgiving.com/heathercanner

1 comment:

  1. 22 degrees?? I admire you lol. I'm also not feeling the treadmill- it's just not as stimulating!

    ReplyDelete